Butter and Herb Roasted Chicken
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 whole chicken washed and dried
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix the butter with herbs, mustard and a pinch of salt.
- Preheat an oven to 400°F
- Separate the skin from the breast and upper legs of the chicken. Spread 5 tablespoons of the butter and herb mixture underneath the skin.
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Roast the chicken on a rack for about one hour and twenty minutes or until a thermometer inserted next to the thigh bone reads 165°F.
- Remove the chicken to a serving platter and baste with the rest of the butter and herb mixture.
- Serve after resting for 10 minutes.