Warm Crostini with Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade and Shaved Parmesan Cheese
1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
¾ cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 small minced shallot
¼ cup drained capers
¾ teaspoon dried oregano
1 ounce shaved parmesan cheese
1 French bread baguette, sweet, not sourdough, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
Additional olive oil
- Pulse the olives and sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor 3 to 4 times.
- Add 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, capers, minced shallot, and dried oregano; pulse another 3 or 4 times until a rough purée is achieved. (Tapenade can
be made 4 days ahead of time.
- Cover and refrigerate; bring to room temperature before using.)
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave thin strips of cheese from a block of parmesan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bread slices on a baking sheet, brush lightly with additional olive oil, and bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Spread tomato tapenade on toasts and a couple of parmesan shavings.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.