Blue Cheese Burgers with Caramelized Onions
24 ounces ground sirloin
1 large yellow onion, diced medium
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
Salt and black pepper to taste
4 hamburger buns, your favorite from your local market
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat, add the diced onions, and cook until caramelized, stirring often about 10-12 minutes; remove from pan and keep warm.
- Season the ground sirloin with salt and black pepper. Mix with your hands and form 4 6oz. patties.
- Place on preheated grill. Cook for about three minutes per side for medium or to the desired temperature.
- When burgers are almost done add the onions then top with the blue cheese to melt while the burger is finishing.
- Remove to a platter when finished.
- Cut the buns in half and toast briefly on the grill, add the finished burgers to the buns and serve immediately.