Grilled Skirt Steak with Oven Dried Tomatoes and Olive Tapenade
8 Roma tomatoes
1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 skirt steak about 142 pounds, cut into 8–10 inch strips
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 175°F. Core tomatoes, cut into quarters, and remove the seeds.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, salt and black pepper. Place the tomatoes on a rack over a sheet pan and place in the oven for 2-3 hours or until they are dry and slightly black around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Rough chop the olives and dried tomatoes and toss with two tablespoons of olive oil and the chopped parsley. Reserve.
- Season the skirt steaks with salt and black pepper; rub the remaining olive oil on the steaks. Place the steaks on a preheated grill on high heat.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare or until desired doneness. Remove steaks to a cutting board and rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steaks thinly across the grain and serve with tapenade.