Grilled Scallops with Saffron Cream Sauce
1⁄2 tablespoon butter
1 large shallot, minced
1 large clove garlic, minced
2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1⁄2 cup Chardonnay
8-10 strands of saffron
Zest of 1⁄2 lemon
Large pinch of salt to taste
Pinch of white pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add shallots and garlic, cook until translucent. Add sherry and cook until most has evaporated. en add chardonnay and saron.
- Cook until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Add cream and reduced by half. en add lemon zest, salt and white pepper to taste. The sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
12 large scallops
Salt and white pepper
6 12-inch wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1⁄2 hour
- Skewer the scallops, two per skewer, and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and white pepper and place skewers on a medium-hot grill.
- Grill for 11⁄2 minutes then rotate a quarter turn. Turnover and repeat the same process until you achieve the desired doneness.
- Sauce your plate with saron cream sauce and top with a scallop skewer.