Grilled Salmon Salad with a Sherry-Honey-Mustard Vinegar
4-5oz pieces of salmon filet, skin on
6 oz. haricot verts
8 oz. baby marbled potatoes
1 bunch baby gold or Chioggia beets
3 ounces wild arugula
4 slices bacon
- Place baby beets with ¼ cup of water and a splash of olive oil in a small baking dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and place into a 350-degree oven for one hour, or until the beets pierce easily with a small knife.
- Remove from oven, let sit 20 minutes covered, and then peel off the skin with fingers.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add haricot verts and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or till the desired doneness. Stop the cooking process by placing immediately into an ice and water bath. Remove after 5 minutes and let dry.
- Place potatoes in a pot with one tablespoon of salt and cover with water by one inch. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 8-10 minutes, or just till the potatoes pierce easily with a small knife. Remove from pot and let cool completely.
- Sauté bacon in a pan till crispy and brown. Remove to a paper towel and let cool. Crumble into a small bowl for later.
- To make vinaigrette; place honey, mustard, salt, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Use a whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in the two oils while whisking vigorously to create an emulsification.
- Place a large sauté pan on high heat. Place salmon skin side up and pat well with paper towels to dry skin. Lightly salt skin side.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons honey
¼ cup canola oil
2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
3 Tablespoons aged sherry vinegar
½ teaspoon salt