Skillet Roasted Medallions of Mary’s Free-Range Organic Chicken
1 cup cream
¼ parmesan Reggiano –grated
Salt, white pepper, nutmeg To Taste
1 cup corn kernels
12 sugar snap peas
12 chicken oysters
½ teaspoon each: Tumeric, white pepper, dried thyme, fennel pollen, salt
4 oz. dried fettuccine
1 bunch chives-sliced
- Bring cream to a boil on the stove. Pour into a blender add parmesan and blend. After blending on high for one-minute turn blender off and season with salt, white pepper & a touch of fresh ground nutmeg. Keep warm on the stove top tell ready to plate.
- Sauté the corn on a medium heat for three minutes with a tsp of olive oil and season with salt. Hold warm tell plating
- Blanch the whole peas for 20 seconds in salted boiling water. Shock them in ice water for 1 minute then remove and split in half. Warm right before plating.
- Marinate the chicken oysters 5 minutes before cooking. On a medium heat sauté the chicken oyster with olive oil. 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Keep warm until serving
- Simmer the pasta in lightly salted water until al dente about 4-5 minutes. Remove from water and lightly toss with olive oil.
- We serve this dish in a small bowl (8oz) with a large rim. In the industry we call this a sombrero bowl. The presentation is best if you use a fork to twirl the pasta into a tight cylinder.
- Place in the middle of the bowl, place three oysters evenly around the pasta, lay a 1/2 pea pods on top of the chicken, sprinkle a generous spoonful of corn over the pasta.
- Finish by pouring the parmesan cream gently on top of the pasta and garnishing with chives.