Red Wine Raspberry Tartlet with Chocolate Mousse
1 cup St. Francis Red Wine
½ cup Raspberry Jam
- In a saucepan reduce the red wine to about two tablespoons over medium-high heat. Add the jam and heat to melt.
- Strain the wine mix to remove seeds.
- Pour one tablespoon of the wine mix into the tartlet cups and let them set.
Chocolate Mousse Ingredients
1 pound bittersweet chocolate
3 cups cream
6 egg whites
¼ cup sugar
Chocolate Mousse Technique
- Melt chocolate and one cup of cream in a double boiler, until chocolate is melted and the cream is incorporated. Meanwhile, whip the egg whites and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Transfer egg whites to a large mixing bowl. Whip the remaining two cups of cream until soft peaks form.
- Let the melted chocolate cool slightly then fold into the whipped cream.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the chocolate and whipped cream mixture.
- Refrigerate the mousse for a few hours. After the mousse has set, pipe it on top of raspberry jam tartlet and serve.