Angel Hair Pasta with shrimp
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 ounces lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup minced fresh garlic
2 cups dry white wine
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
2 teaspoons kosher salt
¼ teaspoon sugar
- Whisk together cornstarch and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until it shimmers.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds, but do not brown. Add wine and boil for a minute to burn off the alcohol.
- Whisk the lemon juice mixture into the boiling wine mixture and simmer for 30 seconds, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat and whisk in butter, salt, and sugar.
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 pound angel hair pasta
½ pound spinach stemmed and roughly chopped
2 roasted red peppers, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
½ cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon black pepper
1½ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
6 fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Bring 3 quarts of water and the salt to a boil. Cook pasta for 3 minutes, or until just barely done. Do not overcook. Drain in a colander.
- Place lemon-garlic sauce in a large pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Add spinach, roasted peppers, sliced basil, and black pepper.
- Heat just until bubbles start to form and spinach is wilted.
- Add shrimp and cook until they turn pink about 2 to 3 minutes. Add pasta and heat through.
- Serve immediately with a basil leaf on top of each serving.