Grilled Ahi Tuna with Roasted Red Pepper
3 pounds fresh Ahi Tuna, cut into eight 5oz. portions
3 red bell peppers
1 large can prepare white northern beans
¼ cup pitted Nicoise or Greek olives, cut into halves
2 Tbsp chopped capers
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
1 tsp chopped thyme
1 tbsp finely chopped shallots
6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp sherry wine vinegar
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp Kosher salt
- Heat grill to approximately 250ºF, grill the whole red bell peppers until the outsides are evenly charred and the flesh of the peppers are soft. Place the peppers
in a bowl and cover tightly with a lid or plastic wrap for ten minutes to steam.
- Remove the peppers from the bowl and remove the charred skins with a paper towel. Cut the peppers open and remove the seeds and stems then roughly chop
them up and reserve.
- To complete the salad: In a bowl combine the drained beans, peppers, olives, shallots, capers, herbs, 5 Tbsp of oil, vinegar, and season to taste with the salt and
pepper. (This can be done up to two days in advance.)
- For the tuna: season with salt and pepper and brush with remaining olive oil. On a prepared grill that is approximately 250º F. Grill the tuna for about 1 minute on
each side for every inch of tuna, for medium-rare.
- To finish the dish serve with either chilled or warmed bean salad and enjoy