Concord Grape Meatballs
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
1 medium yellow onion, minced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 12-ounce jar chili sauce
1 16-ounce jar Concord grape jelly
1 can low sodium chicken broth
1 cup red wine
- Thoroughly mix ground beef, ground pork, onion, garlic, cinnamon, parsley, Worcestershire, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, and pepper together; form into meatballs about 1-ounce each (about 40).
- In a large sauce pot brown the meatballs in batches over medium heat. After the meatballs are browned pour the excess grease from the pot.
- Over medium heat add the red wine to the pot scraping the bottom to remove any bits that have stuck, reduce the wine for 1 minute; add the chili sauce, grape jelly, and chicken broth and mix together.
- Add the browned meatballs back to the pot and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours or until sauce has thickened to a glaze.
- Serve meatballs hot on a platter as an hors d’ourve.