Chilled Potato-Leek Soup with White Truffle Oil & Lemon
2 russet potatoes, diced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
4 cups of water
½ cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons salt
White truffle oil
4 chive strands
Salt & white pepper to taste
- Trim off the green end of leeks, slice in half lengthwise, and rinse. Dice leeks. Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add leeks, garlic and 2 teaspoons of salt. Cook until leeks are soft but without browning, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced potatoes to leeks and cover with 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are falling apart.
- Add ½ cup of cream, bring to a boil and remove from heat. Let cool to almost room temperature. Purée in a blender until a creamy texture is achieved.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Adjust seasoning and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Divide soup into four large bowls. Drizzle with a small amount of white truffle oil. Zest a small amount of lemon and sprinkle with chopped fresh chives. Enjoy.