Chicken Thighs, Harissa, Potatoes and Peppers
4 large chicken thighs
1 pound small Yukon gold potatoes, sliced thin into 1 inch pieces
2 red bell peppers, core, stem, and seeds removed; cut into 2-inch pieces
5 spring onions, halved lengthwise
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons Harissa paste
Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides. Place chicken skin side down into a preheated sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
- Cook on the skin side only until golden brown.
- Combine oil and Harissa in a small bowl, mix well.
- Toss the potatoes, red bell peppers, and onions with half of the Harissa mixture in a large baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken thighs to the remaining Harissa mixture and coat well.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables in roasting pan and place into the oven for 25 minutes or until the chicken is done and the juices run clear when pierced with a knife next to bone and potatoes are cooked