Point Reyes Blue and Cheddar Swirl Cheesecake
1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup flour
2 tablespoons Point Reyes blue cheese
1 tablespoon cream or milk
Black pepper to taste
Pinch herbes de Provence
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
½ cup milk
½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
“Girl and the Fig” apricot and fig chutney
- In a small mixing bowl cream the blue cheese with the milk or cream until smooth.
- Place the cream cheese in a mixer. Beat until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add the salt, flour, creamed blue cheese, pepper, and herbes de Provence.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter over a medium flame. Add the flour and cook a minute or two to remove the raw flour taste.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a simmer. The mixture will be very thick. Add the cheddar cheese and mix until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat. Place the cheddar mix in a pastry bag with a small tip. Pour the mixture into the prepared cheesecake pan.
- Pipe the cheddar mix in a pinwheel pattern over the cheesecake mix. Bake the cheesecake in a preheated 350º oven for 45 minutes or until the cheesecake has set in the middle.
- Refrigerate. Slice and serve with the apricot fig chutney.
Pecan Crumb Crust Ingredients
¾ cup pecans
¾ cup Panko bread crumbs
½ cup melted butter
Pecan Crumb Crust Technique
- In a food processor, finely chop the pecans.
- Add the Panko bread crumbs and finely chop until the mix resembles graham cracker crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and mix thoroughly. The mix should keep its shape when squeezed into a ball.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of a small springform pan, pressing evenly all over the bottom of the pan.