Molten Chocolate Cake
12 oz Chocolate Pistols
1 ½ cups Butter
¾ cup Sugar
2/3 cup flour *
- Combine chocolate and butter in a bowl and melt over a double boiler.
- While chocolate is melting, combine sugar, eggs, and egg yolks in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment. Whip egg and sugar mixture till pale in color, and when you lift the whisk out, it briefly holds its shape.
- Once the chocolate melts, slowly pour it into the egg mixture, having the stand mixer on the lowest setting.
- Sift the flour and fold it into the batter.
- Let the batter rest for one hour in the refrigerator.
- Using 4 oz soufflé molds or ramekins, spray with cooking spray and fill with batter. Fill them almost to the top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Cakes are done when the top starts to crack, and they still have a little jiggle to them when you give them a shake.
- Serve warm with a side of whipped cream and berries.
*For gluten-free, can substitute flour with ½ cup rice flour