Lamb Sausage With Pommes Purée and Roasted Mirepoix (IA)
1lb. lamb sausage
1 yellow onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 stalks celery, diced small
2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat add a generous tablespoon of olive oil and then add the lamb.
- Brown the lamb sausage for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Strain off the fat then folds in all of the small diced vegetables and garlic. Remove from heat.
Pommes Purée Ingredients
4 Yukon gold potatoes
½ cup hot cream
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 summer squash, diced medium
1 zucchini, diced medium
1 eggplant, diced medium
1 red onion, diced medium
1 cup grated parmesan
Pommes Purée Technique
- Peel and quarter the Yukon gold potatoes. In a small saucepot cover them with water, season with salt, and bring to a boil.
- Allow the potatoes to simmer until tender. Strain off the water, add to a mixer with a paddle attachment, and whip on medium speed. Slowly add the hot cream and melted butter. Season to taste.
- In a small ramekin brush the inside generously with olive oil. Place a 1-inch layer of the mixed diced vegetables, then a 1-inch layer of the browned lamb sausage and mirepoix, and for the final layer 1-inch of the whipped potatoes.
- Sprinkle the top with grated parmesan and bake at 375°F until the top is golden brown.