St. Francis Winery and Vineyards has an opening in Production for a Bottling Line Worker. This position will be responsible for the performance of general production / bottling line work, including rotating between dumping station, filler room, foiling station, packing stations, stacking station and bottling line clean-up. This position will also perform winemaking activities in the barrel facility and cellar as needed throughout the year and during harvest, to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency and the high quality of wines produced.
This is a regular, non-exempt position with a standard schedule of eight hours a day, Monday through Friday. Overtime and flexibility of schedule are required, particularly during harvest.
- Participates in set-up / clean-up and assist with routine maintenance of machinery.
- Rotates between various functions including dumping (empty glass), foiling, packing, stacking and palletizing (finished cases) and line clean-up.
- Assists in inspection of finished goods for quality control purposes.
- During harvest and at other times of the year, this position will work in other production areas of the winery; including cellar, barrels and receipt of fruit. Responsibilities may include pump overs, receiving grapes, racking, topping, transferring wine/juice and sanitation. Harvest crush pad operations include crusher, sorting table, must pump and wine press.
- May operate a forklift as needed.
- Follows all winery sanitation and green standards, including adherence to proper sanitation techniques for cleaning, sanitizing and storing all winery equipment and for the operational set-ups for all routine winery work such as bottling line operations, wine transfers, barrel/tank preparations, etc.
- Ensures that equipment is properly used and in good working order. Advises Supervisor in the event equipment is not working properly. Assists Supervisor and/or Maintenance in conducting preventative maintenance checks or providing assistance with repairs.
- Fully supports the Winery’s policies and procedures.
- Fully supports the Winery’s commitment to the established safety practices and policies. Properly uses safety equipment and operates Winery machinery in a safe and responsible manner. Reports any unsafe acts and conditions.
- Supports and demonstrates commitment to the Company’s sustainability and green initiatives/practices, including energy and resource efficiency, recycling programs, etc.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Previous winery bottling or production experience preferred.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Must be able to follow directions and communicate effectively with management and co-workers.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Ability to learn quickly, work well as part of a team and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Must be flexible to perform various tasks and change priorities as needed.
- Must display strong attention to detail and maintain high quality and productivity in all assigned tasks.
- Ability to operate a forklift a plus.
- Able to repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
- Understand and observe Winery policies, practices and procedures.
- Understand and observe Winery’s established Safety practices and policies.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please respond with a resume and cover letter to HR@stfranciswinery.com
St. Francis Winery and Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a divers and inclusive work environment. (EOE M/V/F/D)