Beef Carpaccio with Wild Arugula Salad
• 8-10 ounces beef tenderloin from the tip end of the roast
• 4 handfuls arugula
• Your favorite vinaigrette
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Shaved Parmesan
• ½ fennel bulb, sliced thinly
• 1 basket Sweet 100 Tomatoes, halved
• ½ bunch parsley leaves
• 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
• 1 tablespoon capers
• 1 anchovy, cleaned and roughly chopped
• Juice of one lemon
• Extra virgin olive oil
Wrap the beef tenderloin in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 2 hours.
After 2 hours, unwrap the tenderloin and thinly slice the beef into approximately 1/8 to 1/4-inch pieces. Lay out sheets of plastic wrap and place each slice onto the plastic. Top with another piece of plastic and gently pound the meat with a meat mallet until paper thin. Repeat until all of the meat is sliced and pounded. Divide the meat evenly among 4 chilled plates.
Toss arugula with vinaigrette, fennel, anchovy, salt, pepper and Parmesan, then place on top of carpaccio.
Sprinkle parsley, chives, capers and tomatoes over carpaccio and arugula; add additional salt and pepper over dishes, squeeze lemon juice on top and drizzle extra virgin olive oil over plate.