Soybean and Green Pea Hummus with Pita Chips
Crispy Pita Chips
1. Cut pita rounds into half, split open, stack together and cut each half into 3 triangles; they should look like tortilla chips.
2. Sprinkle lightly with extra virgin olive oil, spread out on baking pan, and toast in 275° oven for 15 to 20 minutes until crisp, sprinkle with a pinch of table salt, cool.
1. Toss red or green table grapes with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt.
2. Spread out on an oiled cookie sheet, bake 25 minutes at 325°, re-arranging once or twice to cook evenly. Cool.
Makes 1¼ cups
1 cup shelled, frozen (thawed) soybeans (edamame)
½ cup frozen (thawed) green peas
½ teaspoon fresh minced garlic
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup water
1. Cook soybeans for 10 minutes in salted boiling water, drain. While still warm, run in food processor with peas, garlic, salt, olive oil, and water until smooth.
2. To serve, place about 2 teaspoons of hummus on each chip, top with a roasted grape and arrange on platters.