Fennel and Potato Soup
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Pour soup into a medium-sized saucepan
- Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until hot
- Warm bacon in an oven-proof dish for 2 minutes
- When the soup is hot split between two bowls
- Sprinkle with bacon and chopped parsley
- Let Steak and Spring Onion Chimichurri come to room temperature for (30 minutes for steak).
- After 30 minutes, heat sauté pan over medium-high heat until hot
- Add two tablespoons of canola or grapeseed oil.
- Place steaks in pan and sear until caramelized approx 2 minutes
- Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- While steak is cooking warm carrot-truffle purée over medium heat until hot and reserve warm (alternatively heat in microwave until hot).
- Once both sides are caramelized place pan with steak in the oven and roast until internal temperature reaches 125-130°F approx. 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and rest for 7 minutes before slicing.
- While steak is resting place broccolini on a sheet pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Warm until hot about 5 minutes
- Heat Demi-glacé in a small sauté pan until hot. (Alternatively, heat in microwave until hot)
- Drop half of carrot-truffle purée on 1 plate and then the other.
- Place half of the broccolini behind the carrot-truffle purée and repeat on the second plate.
- Slice steaks across the grain and lay on edge of the carrot purée in front of broccolini.
- Pour demi-glacé on a plate in front of steak and spoon chimichurri on top of the meat.