St. Francis Winery and Vineyards has an opening for a part time Wine and Food Pairing Educator. As part of the Wine and Food Pairing team, this position will be responsible for hosting and serving guests at our daily multi-course wine & food pairing experiences and increasing sales to meet sales goals through personal sales efforts. Assist with management of reservations system for Wine & Food Pairing program. The Wine and Food Pairing Educator will also be responsible for assisting with trade lunches, events and winery dinners as needed. The primary emphasis of this position is to increase wine sales by creating outstanding guest experiences and building loyal customer relationships through our wine and food pairing program.
This hourly, non-exempt position is part-time, two to four days depending on the season and requires flexibility to work weekdays, weekends and holidays and evenings. Overtime occasionally required, at times on short notice.
- Host one of our seated Wine & Food Pairing experiences: Wine & Food Pairing or Estate Pairing
- Guide up to 16 guests through 3 daily 1½ hour wine and food pairing.
- Guide intimate private groups through a casual approach on pairing wine and food.
- Deliver a gracious experience to all guests while effectively employing selling techniques by discussing wine specials, wine club membership, and encouraging wine purchases.
- Describe the wines of St. Francis Winery, winemaking techniques, vineyards and family history in a fun and engaging way.
- Serve and describe each course, highlighting wine and food pairing techniques.
- Oversee Wine & Food Pairing day to day operations of program, including:
- Assist with reservations in OpenTable system
- Confirm reservations with guests
- Ensure reservation confirmation calls are returned in timely manner
- Ensure guest accounts are created or updated prior to arrival
- Ensure dining table is set correctly with glasses, flatware, menu, napkin etc.
- Manage, maintain, and reconcile inventory of wines.
- Assist guests with wine purchases.
- Perform data entry in POS for sales, marketing, visitor tracking purposes.
- Assist with trade lunches and winery dinners as needed.
- Support Wine & Food Pairing bussers and fill-in occasionally as needed.
- Maintain current informational tools for team members to access, i.e. shipping processes, SOP’s, promotions, tasting notes etc.
- Promote data capture process
- Assist Event Manager with light administrative duties approximately one day per week (emailing receipts, filing, processing Wine & Food Pairing deposits etc.)
- Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years wine industry and/or food service experience and/or training required.
- Previous wine sales experience preferred.
- High hospitality standards consistent with the guests’ expectations of a prestigious brand.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about wine
- Exemplary sales skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills required, including the ability to anticipate customer needs and respond appropriately.
- Comfortable with public speaking and presentation.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle challenging customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Proficient with POS systems.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as well as flexibility in scheduling to ensure business-staffing needs are met
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please respond with a resume and cover letter to HR@stfranciswinery.com.
St. Francis Winery and Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a divers and inclusive work environment. (EOE M/V/F/D)