WINE & FOOD PAIRING HOST
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards believes each employee has the potential to make a significant contribution to the Winery’s success. This job description is designed to outline the essential functions of the position, but is not intended to be all inclusive. St. Francis Winery expects that employees will perform additional responsibilities as necessary to ensure the success of the Winery, maximizing their contributions while enhancing personal growth and development.
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards is looking for a part-time Wine & Food Pairing Host to work at our beautiful Tasting Room / Visitor Center. This is a regular, part-time position, with a standard work schedule of 2-3 days/week.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for hosting and serving guests at our daily wine & food experiences and increasing sales to meet sales goals. Guide guests through limited-production artisan collection wines with epicurean delicacies, providing a high level of customer service and making it fun, memorable and educational. Promote wine club memberships and wine purchases to meet sales goals. Educate guests about our wines, winemaking techniques, vineyards and history. Also responsible for assisting with trade lunches, events and winery dinners as needed.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 2 years wine industry and/or food service experience or training. Previous wine sales experience preferred. Must be passionate and knowledgeable about wine, have exceptional sales and customer service skills, excellent communication skills and enjoy talking in front of groups of people. POS proficiency required. Must be at least 21, able to lift 50 lbs on a frequent basis and stand/walk for extended periods of time. Must be reliable, punctual, flexible and able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional evenings.
- Guide up to 16 guests through 2-3 daily 1½ hour wine and food pairing experiences.
- Deliver a gracious experience to all guests while effectively employing selling techniques by discussing wine specials, wine club membership, and encouraging wine purchases.
- Describe the wines of St. Francis Winery, winemaking techniques, vineyards and family history in a fun and engaging way.
- Serve and describe each course, highlighting wine and food pairing techniques.
- Oversee Wine & Food Pairing day to day operations of program, including:
- Assist with reservations in OpenTable system
- Confirm reservations with guests
- Ensure calls are returned in timely manner
- Ensure guest accounts are created or updated prior to arrival
- Ensure table is set correctly with glasses, flatware, menu, napkin etc.
- Manage, maintain, and reconcile inventory of wines.
- Assist guests with wine purchases.
- Perform data entry in POS for sales, marketing, visitor tracking purposes
- Assist with trade lunches and winery dinners as needed
- Captain events when necessary
- Support Wine & Food Pairing bussers and fill-in occasionally as needed.
- Host site visits for potential clients in absence of Event Manager
- Maintain current informational tools for team members to access, i.e. shipping processes, SOP’s, promotions, tasting notes etc.
- Promote data capture process
- Assist Event Manager with light administrative duties approximately one day per week (emailing receipts, filing, processing Wine & Food Pairing deposits etc.)
- Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILL
- Minimum 2 years wine industry and/or food service experience and/or training required.
- Previous wine sales experience preferred.
- High hospitality standards consistent with the guests’ expectations of a prestigious brand.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about wine
- Exemplary sales skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills required, including the ability to anticipate customer needs and respond appropriately.
- Comfortable with public speaking and presentation.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle challenging customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Proficient with POS systems.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as well as flexibility in scheduling to ensure business-staffing needs are met
Performance will be measured against accomplishment of job responsibilities and annual goals and strategic objectives using St. Francis Winery & Vineyards performance review system.
Most job duties will be performed in the Tasting Room area, encompassing all Visitor Center indoor and outdoor spaces. There is no heavy equipment or moving parts present in this location. Minimal responsibilities will take place in the Winery. Some areas of the Winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy and may involve exposure to heavy equipment and moving parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, taste and smell. Must possess vision, hearing and sufficient digital manipulation skills to utilize a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop and kneel. The employee must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Resumes may be submitted via email to HR@stfranciswinery.com or faxed to (707) 833-1813.