• 2 bunches of Russian kale, washed and thinly sliced
• 3 Fuji apples, diced ¼ inch squares
• 9 ounces Dubliner cheddar cheese, diced ¼ inch thick
• 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon honey
• ¼ cup canola oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
Combine Dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Slowly add canola oil and emulsify to finish vinaigrette. Set aside.
In a large salad bowl, combine kale, apples, cheese and scallions. Season with salt and pepper. Add half of the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Add more vinaigrette if desired and enjoy.
Recipe created by St. Francis Executive Chef Bryan Jones